Thank you for your interest in STW, Inc.’s line of suppressor products . STW, Inc. has
developed and patented a completely new kind of suppressor technology and STW, Inc.
is using this new technology to build state of the art sniper grade rifles.
A brief overview of the In Barrel Suppressor (IBS) system follows:
- The system starts with a 1 1/4″diameter, stainless steel barrel.
- A 10″ hole, 1 1/16″ in diameter is bored into the muzzle end of the barrel.
- The muzzle end of the barrel is threaded inside to accept a one-piece suppressor unit.
- A one-piece suppressor unit is inserted and direct threaded into the muzzle end of the barrel.
- The suppressor unit is milled from solid bar, grade II titanium.
Some of the major benefits of this system are:
- Weapon retains appearance of an unsuppressed heavy barreled rifle since the suppressor unit is physically located inside the barrel.
- Suppressor unit may be removed and re-inserted without loss of zero, unlike existing screw-on or externally mounted suppressors.
- Maintenance consists of removing suppressor unit and cleaning weapon as normal.
- Extremely low noise levels when firing supersonic or subsonic ammunition will not compromise shooters position and allow unimpeded use of headsets.